St. John's completed signifcant upgrades to our church facility providing new classrooms for our church school and upgraded meeting rooms for parishioners. Our newly rennovated space will allow us to also expand our service to the community in holding events and being fully ADA compliant.
- We began the rennovation project, we titled "Built by Love" by hiring a consulting fim to help us asses the feasibility of this project and guide us through the early planning.
- A Steering Committee of parishioners was establilshed who continuously engaged all church members, including the youth.
- Including the donations from our parishioners, an insurance payment from flood damage and a grant from the Episcopal Diocese of Newark diocesan we raised over $435,000! An amzaing commitment and demonstrate of love for the church and all we do.
- On March 8, 2015 we joyously celebrated the beginning of our construction by swinging the golden sledgehammer at our Groundbreaking Ceremony followed by a reception.
- In 2015 many construction projects were completed, including demolition (of the old chimney, Main Street ramp, and the entire lower level), installation of a new roof, repairs to the bell tower, upgrade of electrical system and installation of air-conditioning ducts, installation of French drains in the lower level to solve the hundred-year-long water problem, excavation of part of the lower level to allow sufficient headroom for new bathrooms, replacement of all stairs with ramps in the lower level, construction of new accessible entrances to the church and to the lower level, landscaping, and construction of a new sidewalk around the church.
- On May 15, 2016 we held our Service of Dedication and Thanksgiving led by The Right Rev. Mark Beckwith, Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Newark.
- It was a dual celebration of our new space and the people who had made it possible and the 110th anniversary of the consecration of our church
- Our fabulous renovated and reconfigured lower level meets our program and ministry needs as we better serve the community!
Phase II coming soon
Built By Love presentation